Change the things that can be change, accept those that cannot and have the wisdom to know the difference... for Life is always sum up in with three words " IT GOES ON"... Welcome to my Blog and thanks for dropping by!

Simbang Gabi

St. Anthony de Padua Parish Church, Gubat. Sor.

Simbang Gabi (Night Mass) a nine days novena mass most practiced here in the Philippines by Roman Catholics. Originally it`s an early morning mass but in recent years it`s already done in the evening too. Which is good also, people have other option to attend the mass on their convenient time.

When I was a kid, I always want to have a perfect attendance for this nine days, because they say you can make a wish if you`ll be able to perfect it, but I know it`s was too hard to accomplished by then, the church is almost 5 km away from the house, we have to walked going there as early as 3 o`clock. So mostly, I just have 2 to 4 days on my attendance, worst there years that I`m zero.

It was 2008, I make my perfect attendance, It`s a dream come true to me, I feel I have accomplished something good for myself, and yes I make a wish. Not all my wish has been granted, but some, Yes. 2009 and 2010 I didn`t make it. But last year I do, and for this year I still aiming for it. Six mornings is finished, three more mornings to go. Just a little sacrifice with my sleepy head... ^_~

(Photo above is not mine, I will give credit to its owner Mr. Raymond Enaje)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails